|Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors.
- Finding the best available vendors for various parts required for Marine vessels, creating Vendor standards, negotiating contracts.
- Conducting research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing and product quality.
- Knowledge of fabrication of hull, installation & commissioning of pipes and other heavy equipment / instruments on marine assets.
- developing new suppliers to reduce cost, increase capacity, and auditing suppliers to ensure process conformance.
- Assessment of vendor's production capacities, infrastructure, quality and reliability to meet product, cost, quality, and supply requirements
- Supplier development for heavy fabrication, mechanical components at a competitive cost
- Work closely with the supplier for RFQ, new product development, and supply
- Responsible for Product Approval Process
- Contribute towards continuous improvement process on quality and cost
- Perform inhouse Cost Analysis for fabrication, mechanical and casting components.
- Strong experience in global sourcing & Local vendor development.
- Knowledge in tender based costing will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices on various mechanical parts & products.