||Service Technician - Marine
||Marine & Naval
|Desired Candidate Profile
- Diploma/ITI in Instrumentation/Electrical stream with 3-4 years hands on experience Preferably on Naval vessels.
- Knowledge of PLC operations is a ‘must”. With “hands on” experience on major brands of PLC, like Siemens, Allen Bradley etc.
- Good trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- Should be proficient in written and communication skills
- Willing to undertake outstation travel to all company’s sites
- Knowledge of CAN bus architecture would be an added advantage
- PLC, SCADA, Siemens, ABB, Service Engineer, project engineer PLC, electrical
- Good Technical Aptitude, Good in Communication, Good Analytical Skill, Self Driven
|Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs independently medium to high complex Service tasks like installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, repair.
- Identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, extensions, replacements, upgrades and retrofit, end of life service etc.)
- Ensures customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer expectation. Creates and maintains a good relationship with customers and understands their needs.
- Prepares standard lists for ease of work.
- Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed.
- Identifies potential system failures through system tools and diagnostic information and takes corrective actions. Troubleshoots hardware and software problems with the help of his own experience, system documentation and through collaboration with other colleagues, Documents, learnings and best practices.